Examples of Projects
- Austria Country guide for Lonely Planet, seventh edition (released 2014), sixth edition (released, 2010).
- Vienna city guide for Lonely Planet, seventh edition (released November 2013), sixth edition (released 2010).
- Germany Country guide for Lonely Planet, seventh edition (released 2013).
- Russia Country guide for Lonely Planet, sixth edition (released 2012), seventh edition (released 2015).
- Trans-Siberian Railway Multi-country guide for Lonely Planet, fifth edition (released 2012), sixth edition (released 2015).
- Siberia – A Cultural History Released by Signal Books (UK) and Oxford University Press (US) in 2010.
I began working as a freelance travel writer in the mid-1990s, when I was commissioned to work on the first edition of a Germany travel guide for the international guidebook publisher Lonely Planet.
Over the years I’ve been coordinating author and co-author on numerous other travel guides in the Lonely Planet series, including Germany editions (1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7), Austria (editions 5, 6 & 7), Vienna (editions 6 & 7), Berlin (excursions, edition 6), Western Europe (editions 4 & 5), Central Europe (edition 3), Europe on a Shoestring (edition 1), Russia, Ukraine & Belarus (edition 2), Russia (editions 6 & 7), and Trans-Siberian Railway (editions 5 & 6). My short stories have appeared in the travel literature anthologies Unpacked and Unpacked Again (Lonely Planet).
Travel writing credits also include work on a trade reference for the 2006 World Cup in Germany, articles published in Conde Nast Traveller, The Age newspaper (Melbourne), New Zealand Herald (Auckland) and Interval World (Asia Pacific/South Pacific/Mandarin), as well as translation of a Rome guidebook for Nelles Verlag (München) and fact checking for National Geographic Traveler on a Berlin guidebook.